Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Harley




This is my dog Harley. He's an almost 9 year old English Mastiff. He was quite a handful when he was younger, but now he is very well trained. I hope that he is able to help me train the new puppy I'm getting Christmas day. He still acts like a puppy when we go on walks, but most of the time he's just a big couch potato. He's been even more sedentary since my Saint Bernard Bubba died back in March this year. I hope that the new puppy will lift his spirits. He's lost quite a bit of weight since Bubba past, but the Veterinarian thought he was perfectly healthy, and couldn't believe he was almost 9! Most Mastiff's don't live that long (6-7 years), so I guess I'm doing something right. Bubba, my Saint, made it to 13. I was blessed with having such a long friendship with him, and hopefully Harley can make it that long too. He does seem more depressed lately. Maybe more trips to the Dog Park, Petco, and the new puppy will cheer him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment